Great Ethiopian Run
Africa's Biggest Road Race
In November 2015, 37 individuals travelled to Addis Ababa to take part in the Great Ethopian Run whilst raising vital funds for Vision Aid Overseas. All involved in the challenge had an incredible experience and so far have managed to raise an amazing £90,000. You can read more about their experience here.
Take part in 2016
In 2016 we will once again be sending a team of runners to take part in this unique event. The race is set to take place on Sunday 20th November and is a 10k race through the streets of Addis Ababa.
Whether you are an experienced runner or seeking a new challenge this year, why not take part in this race whilst raising funds to help some of the world's poorest people see their way to a brighter future.
Please note, the following itinerary is an approximate guide and will be refined nearer to the event. A personal itinerary will be sent to you 6 week prior to the event.
- Wed 16 Nov: Fly from London to Addis Ababa with the team
- Thu 17 Nov: Free time to relax and acclimatise in Addis Ababa – optional excursion available (Details TBC)
- Fri 18 Nov: Free time to relax and acclimatise in Addis Ababa – an optional visit to a VAO project will be available (Details TBC)
- Sat 19 Nov: Time to relax in Addis Ababa or join an optional excursion (Details TBC) and a pre-race briefing in the evening
- Sun 20 Nov: The Big Race in the morning and an evening meal to celebrate
- Mon 21 Nov: – Return flight to London
- Return economy flights from London to Addis Ababa
- Local Transfers
- Accommodation in Addis Ababa for 5 nights (breakfast included)
- Organised activities whilst in the city
- Race Entrance
- English speaking guides (who fly with you)
- Training guide
- Kit Guide
- Fundraising Guide
What's not included?
- Entry Visa
- Drinks, meals and snacks where not specified in itinerary
- Your spending money
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for local porters & crew (not obligatory but they do work extremely hard)
- Personal items from the kit list
Deposit: £100 (refunded when you hit your fundraising target)
Minimum Sponsorship Target: £2,600 (excluding Gift Aid)
When do I have to pay my sponsorship money?
You will need to have achieved at least 50% of your sponsorship by 31 July 2016 with full balance due by 31 December 2016. (This does not include Gift Aid)
For a list of FAQs, Terms and Conditions and a registration form please visit the Advocate Events website.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Martyn Paul at Advocate Events on 07852 305445 or at email@example.com.
Alternatively you can get in touch with our fundraising team on 01293 535016 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.