Great Ethiopian Run
Specsavers team to take on Africa's biggest road race.
This year, Specsavers have generously sponsored 16 of their employees to take part in the Great Ethiopian Run 2016 and to raise funds for Vision Aid Overseas’ work in Africa. The 16 runners will be travelling from London Heathrow on Wednesday 16th November to the capital city of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, for five days where they will take part in the 10km run through the city on Sunday 20th November. The runners will also have the opportunity to visit a Vision Aid Overseas supported project, Grarbet Tehadiso Mahber (GTM), in Butajira, two hours north of Addis Ababa, to see our local eye care colleagues at work and to meet some of the patients who benefit from your support.
Our hope is that the team can raise around £60,000; that could be enough to help Vision Aid Overseas provide up to 12,000 children and adults in Africa with access to eye tests and glasses which could completely transform their lives.
How you can help
If you would like to sponsor any of our runners, please visit our team Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/teams/GER2016 or, if you are interested in taking part in an organised event next year, please email email@example.com or call us on 01293 535 016.
- Wednesday 16th November – Fly from London to Addis Ababa with the team
- Thursday 17th November – Arrive in Addis Ababa - Free time to relax and acclimatise in Addis Ababa
- Friday 18th November - Optional trip to GTM Butajira
- Saturday 19th November - Free time to relax and acclimatise in Addis Ababa – optional sightseeing excursion
- Saturday evening – Pre-race briefing and evening Pasta Party
- Sunday morning, 20th November – The Big Run!
- Sunday evening – Celebration meal
- Monday morning, 21st November – Fly back to London
If you have any questions regarding the Great Ethiopian Run or other events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org